Friday, February 27, 2009

Why I smile...

Why not?? Smiling is contagious. Simply put. I get asked all the time why I smile so much. Honestly...I have no idea why...I just do. Get over it!! :) Not really...just messin with you right there. For real though...why not smile. Think about a bad day...maybe your worst day. What happens when you see someone with a smile?? Maybe you look at them and it pisses you off even more...maybe it does not do much to help at the time...but maybe...just maybe at some point in your bad day, that smile helps you smile. Subconsciously speaking...you may not realize that is what happened to you...but it just may be the reason you ended up smiling. Now...reverse that...lets say you are having a GREAT day and someone cuts you off in traffic, or makes a mean comment to you or to someone else and you hear it, or you just get someone else's negative energy stuck on you just by walking past them. Does it ruin your day?? I think for most people it can or it does. At times...I must admit...I let people in traffic get the best of me. I have a SUPER bad habit of yelling at cars as I drive...HEY...I am working on it!! One day in particular I got really MAD at someone that cut me off in the Wal-Mart parking lot...then I saw him in the store looking all happy and cheery. I realized at that very moment that he had no idea that he had ruined my day. You know what?? Why did I let him ruin it for those few minutes?? IMMEDIATELY my attitude changed right back in to all smiles...I was not gonna let someone else ruin my day...especially when he had no clue that he had done so. You feel me?? So...I smile. Yes...there are times that I cry, get upset, angry, yell, cry some more, make harsh comments to someone or about someone...ONLY when needed of course ;)...cry even more...that is what I do and I do it a lot at certain times :) Anyway...even during those harder moments in life...I am smiling...maybe not at that exact moment...but I don't stay down too long. I will not let myself. I understand everyone is different...I am not saying everyone can be this way...but most of the time how we think in life is exactly why things turn out the way they do. Some people really cannot control the way their brain thinks at all times...but during the times they can control it...make it positive and happy!! SMILE...you never know if your smile may have just saved someone from taking their own life. Sometimes that is all it takes to make all the difference in somebody else's world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment