Monday, February 23, 2009

Here she is again...on my mind once more...

So...these are the blogs that are on my Myspace page...one from the night that Ashley died and then one that I wrote the next day. Everyone was asking me what happened...so I posted it for everyone to read.

August 13, 2008 2:15am
How does one mourn the loss of someone so dear to their heart!?! I lost my sweet sister Ashley Ann Mortensen (soon to be Collins) about 6 hours ago. She left this world at the happiest point in her short life. She was going to marry the love of her life, Richie, on September 25, 2008. He made her SOOOOO happy and for the first time in her life and in my life...she FINALLY illuminated this glow that was indescribable, a literal glow!! All of the signs that her time on this earth was up, were so obvious, but nobody really paid much attention to them until after she was gone. She had frequently been telling my sister-in-law for the last 6 months that she felt like someone in our family was going to die to bring everyone closer together and she felt as though it would be her that would die...and now she is gone. Ashley and I struggled in our sisterly friendship a lot, well most of the time, during her short stay on this earth. About a year or so ago, I started to feel as though we really needed to repair our friendship and love each other to the fullest that we possibly could. We both recognized this and we had become very close. I love that little girl, well...woman, VERY much! I was just playin with her over text messages today...she was being so silly. I cannot believe she is gone...not sure that is has hit me completely yet...but she looked so beautiful just laying there after she died. She was so peaceful, calm, gorgeous, still so full of light...oh my goodness, she is so amazing! Baby girl...you will be in my heart and I will carry you EVERYWHERE I go for the rest of my life!!!!!! I know you are in a much better place and that you are very happy and I know that you and Richie will be together again someday! I love you sweet baby girl!!!

Love,
Your big sister
Jamie Lynn

August 13, 2008 10:53am
For those of you who want to know how Ashley died...here you go. There was a house on fire 3 doors down and my dad was going to help put out the flames before it spread to the whole house. He did not know that my brother was already there and putting out the flames with the hose. My dad said that Ashley was on the curb, he saw her there, then he backed up really fast to go help and just as he did, she stepped off the curb to look at the fire. He knocked her over and ran over her body. She was all the way up under the truck and her legs were sticking out the side of the truck. My dad and brother got under the truck and my dad said she breathed for about a minute and a half. My brother said that she looked at him and he just felt her telling him, "Thank You, please tell the family and Richie (her fiance) Thank You!" She stopped breathing at that point. They had a pulse before they took her, but her chest was so crushed that when they put the breathing tube down her throat, it just spewed blood. They had her alive still at the hospital but said her quality of life would have been very poor. She would not want to live like that! She went quick and that is a relief! It was her time...she knew it...she had been saying it for 6 months and it was like she was just preparing herself and all of us for it. My heart goes out to Richie...I could not get him out of my mind all night when she died...he was the first one I thought of when I pulled up and saw what was happening. I am so sad for him...he loves her SOOOO much and she was his everything and he was her everything! She is doing to Lord's work now...she is needed more there than here. To be honest...I am jealous of her! She is in a perfect place and we are all still here trying to figure out just what our purpose is...someday we will know, just as she came to know at the end of her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment